ArtWorks presents the fourth annual Music Scholarship Competition, January 10th, 2010 at Hillsdale Academy and Hillsdale College.
The competition is open to Hillsdale County students between 11 and 18 years old who are singers and/or instrumental musicians.
There are four categories in which to enter: Vocal, Piano, Strings and Other Instrumental.
The First Place winner will receive a $100 award, Second Place $50 and Third Place $25. Judges will award place awards to solo contestants based on their performances. All contestants will receive participation certificates and written comments from the judges to help them hone their skills for future performances. Decisions of the judges will be final.
- Singers must perform from memory. Instrumentalists may use printed music. A music stand will be provided.
- Contestants must provide their own accompanists.
- Music must be unamplified (no microphones or electronic equipment, including karaoke CDs).
- Appropriate vocal material: art songs, sacred music of all eras and broadway show tunes. Rap and a capella vocal performances are not permitted.
- Appropriate instrumental material: etudes, jazz standards and solo material. Instrumentalists may perform with or without accompaniment. ArtWorks reserves final right of approval for all repertoire and category selections.
- There is a $10.00 entry fee. Checks should be made out to ArtWorks of Hillsdale, Inc.
- If a student is entering more than one category, a separate application form and entry fee will be required for each category. Limit of one entry per student per category.
- Space is limited to 25 entries for each category. Apply early to reserve your spot.
The deadline for applications is January 4th, 2010.
Gail N. Mowry
c/o Hillsdale Academy
1 Academy Lane
Hillsdale, MI 49242
For further information or if you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form is available below.